A little something about me and my childhood family

I am the oldest of 2 brothers. We are about 3 years apart in age. When I was about 13 my mother left my 2 brothers and my daddy. That was such a terrible experience in my lifetime. My daddy was so heartbroken and I remember him laying in bed for a solid month moaning and growning in bed for a month after she left us. I would go to school and I couldn't get my mind on my school work. I remember being called upon by the teacher in my english class and I was in such a daze that I could not respond. I came home from school that day and my daddy was laying in bed... just suffering from missing my mother because he loved her so much. I went into his bedroom and I told him that he had to snap out of it.... I told him that I was doing poorly in school and that I could not keep my mind on my school work because I was so worried about him and my 2 brothers. I encouraged him to get up and I fixed him some hot tea which he loved. Wc talked all evening. We talked about how we were going to go on in life without my mother i.e. his wife. He was everything to us. He was such a good provider for us his 3 boys. He was a hard worker and he did the best that he knew how. He was such an honorable man. I never knew him to ever tell a lie. He was honest in all his dealings. He was such a good example for us to follow. My daddy was a gentleman in every respect. When people met him... their faces lit up. When he walked in a room he kissed all the babies and hugged all the ladies...lol. Everybody loved him. He has now been gone for 16 years... its hard to beleive that it has been that long ago. I still dream of him at times. He lives in my heart.... I have so much that I could write about him. Yes he had his shortcomings like anybody, its just so hard for me to think of any of them. Such a positive influence in my life. Thanks Daddy!!

Comments